High Performance High Schools
In High Performance High Schools, everyone in the school community is encouraged to take the CSM Course, working together to build their High Performance characteristics, with a goal of school-wide culture transformation.
Who is "everyone"? Well, everyone, including the students, principal, teachers, and counselors! And preferably, office, cafeteria and janitorial staff, as well. Even the parents are offered an opportunity to take CSM.
What are the benefits of a High Performance High School?
- Students gain excellent math and literacy skills, as well as learning skills and noncognitive, social-and-emotional-learning (SEL) traits that improve performance in all their classes. They also may be able to leverage the ACE CREDIT® recommendation for the CSM Course to gain college math credit or placement! In addition, they see High Performance as something that is important for the adults in the school — principal, teachers, and staff — and feel part of a community of learning and learners.
- Teachers, principals, and other administrators will be challenged by CSM and gain a shared experience with students, which will lead them to raise their expectations of student performance.
- Office, cafeteria, custodial, and other non-professional staff are rarely included in a school's learning community, and CSM can be an important personal development opportunity.
- Parents with CSM under their belt can engage more confidently in the school community, can serve as a model for their child (or visa versa), and for some, can gain new opportunities (e.g. CSM also serves as preparation for high school equivalency exams or college).
As more people in a school community complete CSM, the self-efficacy that CSM develops transforms from an individual feeling to a communal, mutually-reinforcing belief in possibility and success.
Ultimately, the success of a High Performance High School comes from a shared sense of purpose and goals, effort and excellence, accomplishment and pride.
High Performance High School Overview
- CSM's college credit recommendation
- how CSM translates to career-readiness through its alignment with the Common Employability Skills framework that has been widely-adopted by business and industry associations, and how the same course your students will take has been taken by numerous corporate managers and executives
- CSM's new role for teachers, and how it's supported with unique tools that give deep insights into students behaviors and learning strategies
- how CSM can simultaneously handle struggling and advanced students
- the innovative optional Career Strategies course that builds an internal coach within students by teaching the skills of lifelong career decision-making
After the webinar, we will send free CSM accounts for up to 6 teachers and one administrator per school.